Sunday 9 February 2014

Edge of Glory?

Well it's Sunday night and it's been a pleasant weekend spent with me and my boys, even though the weather has been diabolical.  Yesterday I stayed in all day, but got lots of house work done, today has been really busy, this is how it went....

This morning, we made a visit to 'Edge Church', after going to the Little Hedgehogs baby group for 4/5 months, which the lovely Edge ladies run, I thought I would go along and see what the Edge Church is all about.

I knew vaguely what to expect, as I had previously done research into what kind of church it is, largely pentecostal.  However, actually being thrown into it, was some what of a culture shock.

Joshua was lent some Ear Protectors, since the praise and worship is really loud.  Here is a picture of him from this morning.
Melissa and Joshie

So anyway, yes the music was loud, there was much audience participation throughout the teachings, lots of clapping and dancing.  Every one was very happy. Everyone was also extremely welcoming, so a big thank you.

Will I go again?  I am not sure, it's not what I am used to when it comes to church, and I feel some what closer to god in my own church, that I am familiar with.  Although I absolutely love music, I am not really a hugely outgoing person when it comes to joining in with dancing and singing, so I don't think I would ever particularly love this part of it.  Saying that, historically I have always been up front of gigs dancing, usually after a few drinks though lol.

It was a remarkable atmosphere, and there was lots of energy in the room, clearly.  Just not sure it's for us in all honesty.

So after church, I went shopping and I was a little naughty.... put it this way going into Hobby Craft, really is fatal lol.   I went in to merely grab and archivable pen for my journalling, I came out with an embossing machine! (Plus the pen and some cards!).    I have spent the afternoon looking through my craft stuff and trying out the embossing machine, very happy :)

I also bought a four draw storage unit from poundstretcher.

Happy Days x

No comments:

Post a Comment