Thursday 6 March 2014

Sleep training Night 3

Well, not a bad night!  Joshua went to bed perfectly at 7pm.   His first waking was a little earlier than usual, at 9.40pm.  I decided to give him his top up milk at that time, but he was so sleepy actually, didn't take a full bottle of formula.  He went straight back to sleep in his cot afterwards.

Interestingly, Joshua woke up several times during the night, around 12.30am, 2am, 4.30am, however each time he woke up, I just left it for a few minutes and he self settled himself!  There was no prolonged crying episodes like the first night we tried this between 2am and 3am!

When he woke up at 4.30am, I was considering feeding him, but he settled back down on his own quickly.  He woke up babbling at 5.30am, and by this time he'd been almost 8 hours with out a feed, so I brought him into bed and breast fed him, and guess what we both fell asleep until about 6.30am.

Now, I feel really bad about this, as I don't want him to now want to come into my bed in the night :(   So, I am considering to either sit up and feed him, and make sure I put him back in the cot, or give him a bottle of formula at this time instead.

Oh and the great news is, Oliver, my 5 year old didn't hear him at all in the night and was able to sleep soundly in his own bed all night :)

Having gone 8 hrs without a feed, I am convinced that my baby boy is NOT hungry in the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment