Friday 7 March 2014

Sleep Training Night 5

Night 5

Hi, well, baby boy went to bed at 7pm, fine, he did for some reason wake up crying after about half an hour or so, but I settled him back down with some shhh and pats.

The next wake up was midnight, so that was quite a long stretch.  I didn't know whether to give him milk or not, but in the end I did give him a bottle of formula which he fully drank.

He next woke up at 4.30am.   I settled him down without milk, by doing the method of shhh'ing and patting, and then leaving for a few minutes.   However it got to 5.15am, and I thought, well perhaps he is feeling a bit hungry, and it IS the morning now, so I  breastfed him, not sure I should have really, but then by 5.30am he was settled back down in his cot, and slept till 6.30am.

So not sure if that was a very successful night or not.  He did do two reasonable long stretches.  Yes.  I mean its definitely better, than when he was waking up 2-3hrs and I was boob feeding him every time.

I just don't know if this is going to work, if I am still giving him the feed at 11pm ish when he first wakes.  

We shall see.....


No comments:

Post a Comment